The WimLive service is dedicated to creating publishable live events in free or paid mode.
To create a live event you need to set a password for live streaming. Go to the Profile section and enter the password in the “Live service Password”.
This is important to ensure a high level of security and prevent other users from broadcasting their events on your channel.
Under WimLive create a live channel.
WimLive>Create new channel
- Click on the “Create new channel” button
- Enter title and description
- Request a streaming url
- Place a thumbnail for your channel (optional)
Now you’re ready to create your first event on your channel
WimLive> Channel Events> Add event
- Click on “Add Event”
- Enter title
- Decide whether you want to publish the event in free or a pay-per-view mode by assigning the cost (in Euros). Remember that you must indicate your PayPal email to receive payments from users viewing your event. You can do it from the monetisation section at the top
- Set the start and end date and time of your event
- Decide whether you want your event to be public (i.e. visible on WimTV). If you select private your event will be only visible on the site where you publish the iframe
- Select whether you want the event to be recorded and available in your WimBox at the end of the transmission.
To stream you can use our internal producer or an external encoding software
- Internal producer
- Click on the “Stream” button
- In the page that opens select “start streaming”
- Camera type
- Internal camera: click on “Allow” to activate your web cam
- External camera: click the right mouse button to access producer settings
- Remember not to close the page during the duration of the transmission!
- Software esterno, you can stream your event using the platform generated Streaming Url and Stream name
- USB connected cameras: use OBS Studio, a free software . See the OBS usage guide.
- IP cameras: use WimLabs Live Media Encoder (WLME), a free software provided by WimLabs. (installazione e configurazione a cura di WimLabs)
- Mobile cameras: you need an app for your smart phone or tablet. We will use the free Wowza GoCoder app, available for Android e iOs, as an example.
- Tap the button on the top right of the page
- Select Wowza Streaming Engine: in the new page select Host and enter “streaming.wim.tv”
- Select Application: in the new page enter the stream name of your WimTV channel under Stream Name
- Select Login: in the new page enter your WimTV username and your streaming password
- (The data entered in the streaming app are stored, so next time you are stream-ready).
Now, if you’ve declared your event to be public, those visiting your WimTV page can see your event. If you declared it private you can publish it and make it visible on your site using the an Iframe. The channel itself can host more than one event. You will you be able to work more quickly and efficiently because the data for streaming and the code for posting on a Web page will remain the same
- Click on the “Chat” button,
- Click on the “Enable Chat” button
You can join the chat by inserting messages from both the public page and your personal Page