In order to transmit you need to create a live in the WimLive section of your private page.
You can use the Wirecast encoding software to stream your video.
Below you can find the essential information to use and configure Wirecast
WIRECAST > Add input
The first thing to do is add the source device. WIRECAST provides multiple options to choose from depending on the equipment you have available.
- Click on the icon
- Select the desired input from the list
- View the preview on your screen
WIRECAST > Configuration for live streaming
To configure your live follow the following steps:
- Select “Transmit” from the top menu and then “Transmission settings”
- Select the “RTMP server” destination
- In the Url field insert rtmp://streaming.wim.tv:80/live
- In the Streaming field insert the stream key of your live. You can find it in your WimLive section.
- Click on the button set up credentials and enter your username and password for the WimLive service
- username: your username on WimTV
- password: the password you have set on WimTV in your personal profile “WebTV settings” for the live streaming
WIRECAST > Resolution and bitrate settings
The two most important data to determine the quality of the streaming are the resolution and the transmission bitrate.
To change this data:
- Click on the icon next to the “encoding” field in the “transmission settings” section
- Set the desired bitrate in the “Average bit rate” field, the resolution and the audio quality. Below is an example of settings that guarantees good quality and smooth transmission.
We advise you to check your upload bandwidth to consequently set resolution and bitrate.
WIRECAST > Local transmission and registration
Now you are ready to stream!
Click on the icon , once the icon turns green click on to transmit the contents of the live preview .
You can also register your event on your PC by clicking on the icon
N.B. We advise you to register your event locally to have a quality not influenced by any drop in bandwidth of the internet connection.